Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bacon is Sewing in Between the Traveling.

Good evening my friends!



I am typing this post from my lovely Atlanta hotel room. It has been a little nuts in bacon-ville recently.

I have been traveling a bunch for work. As in I have worked in three states in the past three weeks, next week I am going to make it an even four (in case you were curious, Maryland, Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina.



In the past three days I have walked 19 miles. Probably more. Maybe that does not sound like a lot, but I was carrying an instrument and wearing wellies (my fault for forgetting the other pair of acceptable shoes).

But who cares about all that? I sure don't.

I have been sewing.

I turned these:


Into this. 


Then I did this:


and this happened.

But I recovered and got some of this nonsense into one piece. 


That may be as close as we get to a play-by-play without a tutorial. Phew.

I met Carolyn Friedlander. Then I tried not to be too annoying/act starstruck. She was amazingly sweet and such a treat to talk with.



She showed us stuff she made. It sort of blew my mind. I wanted all of the patterns and I wanted to make all of the things. Actually, I just wanted her things. Just perfect.






She signed a quilt block for my new botanics quilt (see above).



I am failing at keeping myself from overcommitting. I will share the results from this failure soon. They are sort of epic and amazing. There are some awesome things going around the internet (okay, that wins the general statement of the year award).

Love you all. Love your work. Keep it up.

See you soon.

8 comments:

  1. The cat picture made me laugh - too cute to be mad. Great save on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few folks out there [to whom I would be] very annoying if I ever got the chance to meet 'em, I'm sure! I love the signature...how awesome is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I love Max's re-arrangement! That looks like a super neat quilt in progress - the one with all the curves - wowza! I really love the muddy picture of you...so you. (I have looked like that on occasion, field notes are difficult in the rain!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing friend! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Goodness for quilting, it keeps everything in perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I think sewing keeps me sane. Sometimes when I am in the field and having a particularly bad day I design quilts in my head.

      Delete
  6. Are you ever home? I can't believe how much you get done and still are gone so much. Yeah Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cat pic made me snort my sprite.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for sending me a message. I try to respond to every single comment I get, but sometimes it takes me a bit when life gets crazy. I see them right away and I love you all.